- mapam30 on Win a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3!
- Michelle on Win a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3!
- Lisa Jones acouponaddict on Win a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3!
- Kathryn on Win a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3!
- admin on Sarah Jessica Parker from Sex and the City launches a new accessory line
All entries are optional
One lucky winner will win
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 – 16GB – White with one year insurance
Having a tablet at your fingertips can really do wonders! Whether you want to read a book while taking the bus or if you are at a Starbucks and you want to search the internet. I never had a tablet before but now that I own this Samsung Galaxy 3, I cant see myself living without one.
Believe it or not finding cute wide shoes is really tough, at least I have been told by one of my dearest friends. They have such a hard time that they actually requested I write a post on finding a cute pair of wide shoes. The funny thing is that finding the right pair of shoes can sometimes be challenging but when you have wide feet it becomes even harder to find. Here are a few pointers when shopping:
1. If your feet are wide, always ask a sales person if that style comes in a wide width. Many stores now have their styles online so if you don’t see it at the store make sure to look online for that style. Perhaps you might have better luck checking online.
2. The best time to shop for shoes is in the evening or late afternoon. Because your feet swell up towards the end of the day after a long day, you will be able to see if the shoe fits perfectly.
3. Make sure to eliminate old shoes because they can really strain foot muscles, ankle sprains or make you slip. I notice that shoes that were once comfortable are not as comfortable anymore so that’s how I know I need a new pair of shoes.
Now the question is where can you shop for wide shoes? Don’t completely rule out online. I know that many women like to shop at the stores to try them on and see how they feel but now many online stores give the opportunity to return without any hassles. Here are my top choices:
1. Endless.com: Amazon has everything and now it has shoes! Try shopping for shoes there as well and let me know your experience.
2. Jessica London: They have great shoes assortment as well. It is for plus size women but they have cute shoes for wide feet.
3. Zappos: they have endless number of wide shoes to choose from so check out which shoe is right for you.
4. Payless has wide shoes that are on trend. The quality is not the best but they are inexpensive. As long as you toss them out at the end of the season.
Now there is no excuse to find a good pair of shoes!! Have some fun in shopping and if you could send me a picture of your latest find, I would love to hear it!
Were you obsessed with Sex and the City? If you were in love with Sarah Jessica Parkers style, then you will be happy to hear that she just started her own accessory line. She is collaborating with no other than shoe genius George Malkeums, president of Manolo Blahnik. It only makes sense to work with one of the hottest shoes in the market. I mean, really, who does not want to own a pair of Manolo’s. You must be insane if you don’t want to own a pair!
Her line will be exclusive for Nordstrom and I can’t wait to see it. I know that she will bring a sense of elegance and femininity to each pair. All of her shoes are made in Italy so you know they will be made with quality and care. As you know, it really matters where the shoes are made because of the quality you get, this makes all the difference in the world. In my opinion, the construction of the shoes also speaks volumes. If the shoe is made right, then it will feel like you are walking in heaven. The lower the quality then the worst the construction. You get my point. Invest a little more on a great pair of shoes!
I am super excited to see her shoe line and see what she will bring to the table. What will make her shoe line different? How will she change the shoe line? I can’t wait to get Carried away! lol
Sheer has been around for a long time but I think right now it has come back stronger than ever! The beauty about sheers is that it’s very feminine and elegant; leaving everyone around you with a little bit of intrigue and sex appeal. It’s that piece of clothing that you want to own because you want to give your loved one a little peek but you want to do it in a classy way. If the design is done right, the combination of chiffon and see-through silks are among my many different kinds of fabrics.
Many readers ask how to wear a sheer dress or a shirt. Here are suggestions:
1. Undergarment is your best friend! Make sure to take the garment with you when you try on the garment before making that purchase. It will help you see how it looks in the end. I remember when I was a young girl that my mom would make me wear those slip on and I hated them but my mom was right on by making me wear those. Now I thank her for introducing me to the best invention in undergarment. Not many women like the slip on but let me tell you that it really does do wonder.
2. Make sure that you get the right colored undergarment. You don’t want to look like you are wearing something underneath the sheer piece. Your main goal is for it to blend enough where you don’t even know it’s there. With that said, get an undergarment that is either close to the color of the garment or close to your skin color.
3. For a sheer top, you can pair it with a camisole or spaghetti strap body suit.
I hope that this will help you conquer the do’s and don’ts of wearing sheer. Better yet how to wear sheer in a glamorous and sophisticated way.
Let me know your thoughts. I would love to see how you wore your sheer top or dress.
After all this snow that has been happening here in New York and New Jersey, I don’t think anyone wants to talk about next winter. But, the good news is that I am not talking about Winter storms but what we are going to be expecting to see for next Fall/Winter in the fashion world; I will emphasize on what to look out for in the shoes arena.
Every winter we know that boots really dominate this season. The exciting part is that there are new bold colors that will be showcased for this season. The popular colors of course being black throughout the years; we see a change happening and that is that people want to experiment a little bit more now.
1. Colors are not the only statement happening. Black used to be the color for every winter but I think women are finally coming around to the idea to go beyond just the plain and simple Mary Jane; not that there is anything wrong with that but just fashion in general.
2. Calf hair boots, shoes and shooeties are also another way to make a statement for the season. It comes in animal prints or neutral colors. It’s a must-have for this Fall/Winter 2014.
3. Over the knee boots is going to be a hit too. I guess the whole Julia Robert look is coming back. In my opinion, this boot was not accepted before because it was considered hooker boots. But now I think it’s becoming more acceptable.
Let the shopping begin! Let me know your latest Fall2014 findings!
Disclaimer: Pictures are property of Charis by Design. All pictures and content are copyrighted.
How many times have you looked at the things that you have and still managed to complained about everything? You complain about your finances, job, husband, friendships and pretty much everything that’s annoying you. Complaining is something that we tend to do naturally. One day I noticed that at work I was sort of complaining more than the usual so I decided to challenge myself and see how long could I last without complaining. I then told my co-worker and they gave me the strangest look and walked away. This is how the challenge in my life began.
In my situation, there are layoffs happening at my job and it is very unsettling not knowing if you will be next. The only thing that you hear all day is who got laid off or who is leaving next? It is very stressful to be in that type of environment. Regardless of my surroundings, I just want to stop hearing myself complain and whine. It’s kind of annoying even to myself. lol. As a result, I made some minor changes in hopes that I will make a difference.
1. Distract yourself to keep your mind occupied. This will help you stop focusing only on the negative. When I saw co-workers gathering to complain, I went the other way or just went back to work. It’s not that I am trying to be anti-social but just more productive.
2. Stop being judgmental. How many times do we judge others? Whether we complain about the bad service at the restaurant to people at work who just annoys us. We judge others if they seem to be too perfect or too pretty. How about changing the way you think and actually trying to look at the best in people?
3. Find something that can make you really happy. Pick up a new hobby, craft or a project and it can make a difference in your life. It won’t completely eliminate your desire to complain but it can help you reduce it. Exercising is a great outlet but there are so many other things that you can do to help youself.
Be happy with what you have because you may not know that someone else might actually want what you have. This is in my experience but I would love to hear what your experience is. Tell me your thoughts.
The Blogging Mamas Network and Mía Mariú have joined together to inspire you to Love Your Look this Valentine’s Day!
The Mía Mariú philosophy makes the connection between beauty and health in harmony. Mía Mariú’s high performance products are formulated with the most natural ingredients available, helping you achieve vibrant beauty and health inside and out. Each unique product fuses nature and technology by combining the highest quality botanicals, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and peptides.
The result is healthy products that provide a perfect balance that reflects itself through youthful, healthy, beautiful, glowing skin and renewed energy and vitality, all at an exceptional value!
From Healthy Nutrition, Botanical Skin Care, a newly launched Fragrance Line, Specialty Brushes, and Mineral Makeup – you’ll find everything you need to love your look this year with Mía Mariú!
Who’s ready to win a $200 GC to Mía Mariú?
This giveaway is open to US & Canadian residents, 18+ only.
It will end at 11:59 pm EST on February 26th.
Please use the Giveaway Tools widget below to enter.
Disclosure: Charis by Design did not receive any compensation for hosting this giveaway. The participating bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment.
Welcome to this wonderful giveaway for a Nook Glow Light E-Reader!
Thanks so much to our lovely co-hosts The Stuff of Success, Motherhood Community, Mommy Knows What’s Best, The Country Gal, Jenn’s Blah Blah Blog, and other wonderful bloggers that are helping promote this fabulous giveaway!
Have you ever wanted to read at night but it’s too dark? The Nook Glowlight E-reader is the perfect e-reader for indoors and outdoors. It can help you read at the park and eliminate that glare. At night it can allow you to read in bed without disturbing your loved one.
Barnes and Noble and Nook are generously offering one lucky reader a chance to win a Nook Glow Light, that’s valued at $119.00.
Check out the Nook Glow Light Review over at Everything Mommyhood.
The all new Glow Light is the lightest e-reader yet at just 6.2 ounces and will last up to 8 weeks on one charge. The Glow Light also has 4GB of storage built in which will allow you to carry up to 2,000 books. You can enjoy super crisp text with a no-glare screen and high resolution, reading indoors and outdoors is easier than ever. Not only are there over 3 million titles of books, magazines, and newspapers for purchase, but you can also borrow books from your local library for free. Also, NOOK’s LendMe® feature makes it easy for you to share your favorite books with other NOOK owners.
NOW FOR THE GIVEAWAY!!!
The winner will receive a Nook Glow Light Valued at $119.00.
US Residents only, 18 and up.
One entrant per household. Void where prohibited by law.
Winner will be chosen randomly via the Giveaway Tools entry form and will be emailed.
Winner will have 48 hours to claim prize before a new winner is chosen.
Giveaway ends 2/28/2014 at 11:59pm EST.
Disclosure: Everything Mommyhood received the item mentioned above for the posting and promotion of her review and this giveaway. This blog didn’t receive any monetary compensation for the promotion of this giveaway All opinions are 100% our own and were not influenced in any way. This Blog and Everything Mommyhood are not responsible for prize shipment. Nook and Barnes & Noble are responsible for prize fulfillment. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google, and any other social media are not affiliated with this posting or giveaway. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you have any questions, please email EverythingMommyhood@gmail.com.