Not all women like to experiment with eye shadows and get comfortable in wearing the same eye shadows. When you think of Fall, what colors pop up in your head? I think of orange, red and yellow but my favorite color for this Fall is purple for some reason. A bold and vibrant purple with a little bit of shimmer is perfect for a purple smoky eye. But if you don’t feel comfortable with too much eye shadow and want something a little bit more simple. You can just add a little bit of purple lipstick to your lips and it will still add a little bit of dimension to your makeup.
This color can be dramatic but subtle at the same time. I also think it can work during the day or night depending on the occasion.
Tip: When using purple lipstick, try to keep the rest of the makeup simple and neutral. You definitely don’t want colors to clash.
Have you used purple lipstick recently? Do you like to trend or do you prefer simplicity? Let me know on the comments below.
As Summer is in full throttle, you have to take the time to look your best and look the trendiest. Summer only comes once a year so take full advantage of it while you can. Because I did not want to miss out, I asked a friend of mine, Angelica a Beauty Consultant, about the hottest trends right now for this Summer.
Here are the top looks to look out for when shopping for new makeup:
1. Graphic eyeliner: If you really want to make a gorgeous effect, then you need to try the graphic eyeliner. Back in the Pre-fall 2012, Chanel introduced this look in the Dubai fashion show and it really wowed the audience. Two years later and this look is getting stronger and better.
2. Orange lips: I am totally hooked on the orange lips! Usually, I am not big on this color but I am completely captivated with this color now because it can really uplift your outfit when you have a fantastic lipstick. The trick with wearing orange lipstick is to pair it with a subtle eye shadow. My advice is not to wear a strong eye shadow color along with this color. It can totally clash but that’s just my personal opinion
3. White eye shadow: Another favorite look of mine because it can really look great in the morning and night. It’s a transitional look that can look subtle and elegant at the same time. The beauty of wearing eye shadow is that you can pair it with almost any lipstick.
If you have tricks up your sleeve, please go ahead and share them here because I always like to hear new ideas.
Makeup was done by Angelica Andujar, Beauty Consultant. If you need makeup done, questions, and tips about the latest trends, please feel free to contact Angelica Andujar at her instagram page:
I was given the opportunity to receive the No Makeup Foundation Duo from Victoria Jackson for my next review. Foundations can be a little tricky sometimes because it can leave your skin either too greasy or too dry. I always like to know the story behind the line just so I can understand what needs they are trying to meet.
Victoria Jackson achieved success as Hollywood makeup artist, cosmetics entrepeneur and TV infomercial pioneer. Her motto is “When you look better, you feel better. And when you feel better, you can change your life.” And I could not a agree with her more with this motto. If you feel great then you feel like you can accomplish more things and even challenge yourself to do something out of the ordinary.
Foundation is pretty much the first element to make your makeup flawleess. For my review, I chose the medium shade color for my skin in hopes that it would match my skin color and it did the job. The consistency is creamy, light and non-greasy. It has a medium- full coverage but you can still look natural with this oil-free foundation. Because there are two shades, you have a better chance at matching your skin.
I find that sometimes foundations can either be too light or too dark. This foundation gives you a chance to blend both colors until you get the perfect shade. It also lasted until the end of the work day. I did not have to touch up as much at work so that is a plus for me.
Victoria Jackson Foundation duo is comparable to the pricey brands products. It’s great quality at a great price so I find it’s a great deal for $29.95. Now if you are used to using drugstore products and find this to be too expensive. Please keep in mind that quality is a plus when it comes to makeup and I have to say that I was satisfied with the level of quality.
A girl can never have too much makeup! Try this foundation and let me know what you think.
Please make sure to stop by at their site at http://www.vmakeup.com/foundation-duo-the-no-make-up-make-up-more-shades-available
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for an honest review. A free product does not mean that it affects my honest opinion. My opinions are my own and may differ from others. Powered by Brandbacker.
Many of us can see ourselves in the mirror and just focus on all our minor imperfections. Even the most beautiful women can find something wrong with them. I absolutely loved Audrey Hepburn and thought that she was impeccable. But, I was surprised to hear that even she felt like she had imperfections. This is why it is important for you to stay true to yourself and be at peace with who you are and not so much on how you look. If you feel pretty on the inside, then you will feel pretty on the outside as well and everyone will be able to appreciate that about you. Imperfections can be covered up with makeup and can make a drastic change on how you look. How can makeup be used to disguise minor imperfections?
There is a true sense of artistry with fantasy makeup design. It can be stunning, interesting, and can definitely give your friends something to talk about. Most people use fantasy makeup design to get some much needed attention, to make a grand entrance, or for Halloween. Whatever the reason, it can be really fun and give you lots of buzz in a party. Fantasy makeup goes far beyond just eye makeup; it can include jewels, feathers, and other accessories.
1. Jewels are a great way to create a stunning look. You can add jewels on your eyelids, forehead and even extend it out to several directions to give it that fantasy look.
2. Foliage makeup: I have seen some beautiful creations with flower designs on the face. A flower extending from the eyes is absolutely breathtaking. The tutorial that completely blew me away is the fairy video. It was absolutely amazing and very original.
3. Gothic look: every now and then the trend for gothic reappears. There are so many ways to recreate this look; even just adding forest green eye or vinyl blackberry lip can give a different look to an outfit. I have had my share of fun with this look. It’s all about having fun and making the look your own.
It is all about transforming yourself into a fantasy that you have always wanted to create. Have fun!
As fall has already started and Halloween is just around the corner, I thought about wearing orange with several outfits to celebrate this season. A vibrant orange lipstick has made its way over from the streets of London to New York. It is such an unusual color that I got this question from many readers on how to wear orange lipstick for fall.
There are so many ways to wear this color, you can go either bold or very subtle and yet still look great. With that said, here is the answer to the question, how to wear orange lipstick? It can be worn in the summer or in the fall. Orange lipstick may not be something that I have felt comfortable with using in the past but once you learn a few tips then you can start to wear it more often. It is all about experimenting even if you make mistakes. Something to keep in mind is that this color can be worn not only in the fall but during the summer too.
Here are a few tips that I have learned:
Eye Shadow- When wearing a bold orange, stay away from using excessive eye shadow. It would be even better if you choose not to wear any eye shadow, in my opinion, but if you want to wear it then choose a light brown color. Metallic colors for an evening wear can look fabulous.
Eyeliners- can also make the face look too harsh. If using eyeliner, then just use a little bit and not too much. It’s important to just focus on certain areas of your face and not overwhelm it with too much makeup.
Bronzer- when wearing orange because it can give you a tanned look in less than a minute.
Skin tone: Remember your skin tone when choosing an orange lipstick. Usually it is said that the lighter you are then the darker you should choose. But I always say that fashion is about you making it your own.
Outfit: Putting together a look with an orange lipstick can be challenging to some but don’t be afraid of trying out new looks. In the runway, orange has been paired with white but I think that orange can look fabulous with neutrals and gold tones. As long as you don’t use orange or green then I think you can be extremely creative.
Mascara: It is really important to wear mascara even if you don’t wear eyeshadow.
It is very hard to determine what kind of foundation to use that can work really well with your complexion. With so many options, which one is better? Liquid foundation versus mineral foundation. In my opinion, it really depends on your complexion and what kind of coverage you are looking to achieve.
Liquid Foundation Generally, many women choose liquid foundation because it is just one that has been around for ages. There are oily or water based foundation to choose from depending on your complexion. First, determine if you have dry or normal skin. For women who have dry or normal skin, then you can choose an oil based foundation. If you have oily skin, then choose water based foundation. Choosing the right color is super important. I always test it before I buy it and I test it on my face to see how it really looks. One little tip is to also use a primer before applying the foundation. It makes the foundation last all day and can smooth out your face so that it can look flawless.
Mineral Foundation For women with rosacea, I think this does a good job as far as covering those rosy cheeks. There are no dyes or perfumes with this foundation so it works well for women who have allergies. This can be applied either with brushes or sponges. I prefer brushes because you can get more coverage and it doesn’t look cakey. But, for those of you who like a thicker look then you may use a sponge to apply the foundation. I always like to add a primer before applying the mineral foundation. It really minimizes lines or any wrinkles on your face.
Please test out your foundation first on the side of your face. It is important to see if your skin reacts to the chemical beofre you go out to an event. You don’t want to buy new makeup and put it on the same day of a big event.
There are many options out there today and you do not even have to choose a brand name. Drugstores carry cheap makeup that can be just as good as the expensive ones. Below I have added a youtube video to help you choose great drugstore makeup products.
For those of us who have a flushed face all the time or just prone to acne, may find that a quick fix is to use tinted moisturizer. This is a great way to cover up small blemishes but the only downfall is that it may leave your face a little bit shiny. A great tip to fix a shiny face is to use powder on top of the moisturizer. It will leave your face, in my opinion, flawless. Here are my top five tinted moisturizer review:
1. Chanel Hydramax Tinted Moisturizer- I love chanel products in general. It is expensive but some of the products are worth it. I really like this tinted moisturizer. My only disappointment is that it does not have different shades. For that reason, I feel like it does not do a great job as far as coverage goes if you have acne or blemishes. I like the fact that it makes your face feel refreshed and gives it a bit of a glow. This is great for the weekends when you are on the run to the supermarket and just don’t want to wear heavy makeup.
2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer- Oil free. It can cover up redness on your face or small acne. I don’t think that it will cover up acne as well as a liquid foundation. I feel like this is a great product because it is lightweight and it can really moisturize your face. One tip is to make sure you apply primer before using the moisturizer so that it can stay longer on your face.
3. Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer. It is a great moisturizer than can provide a little bit of coverage and a glow at the same time. There are vitamins that also works to improve your skin as well. I was pretty impressed with this product considering the mixed reviews that I have heard throughout the years. I always hear it is overpriced and not worth it. But I actually disagree and think that it is a great product to use.
4. Nars Pure Radiant tinted moisturizer. It offers a good amount of coverage but what is unique about this product is that it gives your skin a little shimmer. It will minimize certain flaws but it will not do much coverage as a liquid foundation. This is a great product for the summer because it doesn’t make you sweat. Other products have a tendency of doing that and that is why you have to wear powder along with the moisturizer.
5. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer. This foundation is great because it has many functions all in one. It can protect you from sun damage, retinol treatment and moisturizers your skin. I think it is a great product, except for the fact that it leaves your face too shiny. If you have this problem, then use powder as I have said before and it will do the job.
The advantages of wearing a tinted moisturizer is that it does double duty as opposed to just using foundation. I think that if you use it properly then you can make your face look absolutely flawless. This is if you pair it with a powder or even concealer.
How do you know which video will be informative to learn new beauty tips? How much time will it take to cover acne, perfecting outlining the lips to many more without spending hours and hours looking through each video? It is amazing that now we can learn it all through youtube videos.
Here are some of the best videos that I have come across that has helped me:
1. How to cover Acne with foundation- This video will help you get flawless finish to cover up blemishes, cystic pimple and balancing out the skin tone. (Jessica Harlow)
2. How to create amazing eyebrows- Do you suffer from thin eyebrows like me? Then if you watch this video you will end up with gorgeous , symmetrical set armed with a few brushes with brow gel, and concealer. Watch Julia of MissChievous.
3. How to create the smoky look- Do you have a party or a wedding and want that perfect smoky look? Then this tutorial is the one for you.
These are my top three videos. Hope they help you as much as they helped me.