Summer is the best time of the year. It’s the time when you get to go to the beach and pool, but with all of that fun comes great hair damage. This is the time when your hair starts to get rough, brittle and thin. Having dry hair will cause it to lose its shine and luster. You can help reduce this look with these simple and easy steps. However, please keep in mind that everyone’s hair is different so results may vary.
Frequent shampooing is very harmful for dry hair so try to shampoo every other day instead of every day. Use moisturizer every time that you wash your hair. Along with these recommendations, here are a few of my home remedies for dry damaged hair:
1. Take two eggs and beat them with one tbsp. of mayonnaise and apply them to your hair. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then shampoo your hair.
2. Take two beaten eggs and mix one teaspoon of lemon juice and one tbsp. of olive oil in it. Apply this mixture in your hair and scalp while gently massaging your scalp. Let it sit on your hair for about a half hour and then thoroughly wash the hair using a mild shampoo.
3. Moroccan Oil is another great source to moisturize your hair.
4. Olive oil Moisturizing hair lotion is the best moisturizer because it has Vitamin E. But, any oils such as jojoba oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil are the best choices for dry hair. You should use any of these at least twice a week; especially if you know that you will be going to the beach more often.
5. Aloe vera and Vitamin E can be mixed and used with any of the top remedies or used alone. Keep it for 30 to 40 minutes and then wash thoroughly. Use this remedy also twice a week and you will see a change in your hair.
With dry hair, it is all about taking the time to condition your hair. It may take some time but you will see great results. But, before you do any of the home remedies, please make sure to familiarize yourself with your scalp first. Access your hair to make sure it is dry and not oily dry. If it is oily-dry, then your hair will become super oily and that’s not the look that we are going after here. Take the time to examine your hair and I hope that these remedies help your hair as it has helped mine.
No related posts.