It is absolutely frightening to get a haircut because you never know how it is going to look in the end. I have so many horror stories of all the different types of haircuts that I have had over the years. After making the mistake of allowing my roommate to cut my hair, I have learned how to choose a new hairstyle for your face type. At the moment, it was a fun activity to do but when I saw myself looking like a poodle then it wasn’t so fun anymore. It was the most embarrassing moment and I have learned from it….don’t let anyone cut your hair no matter what they say to convince you otherwise. Here are a few tips on how to choose a new hairstyle for your face type.
- You need to find out what shape your face is whether it’s round, oval or long. Don’t worry you don’t need to go to a professional to find the answer. Just get a ruler and measure the length of your face from the top of your forehead to the tip of your chin. Divide by three and that is your first number to remember. Then you measure from the bottom of your nose to the tip of your chin. If the first number is smaller than the second number, then your face is long. If the first number is larger, your face is round. If the two numbers are roughly equal, then your face is oval.
It is really important that you know the shape of your face because it will make a major difference when you select your hairstyle.
Now that you have the type of face, the next step is selecting a hairstyle that goes accordingly.
- If your face is oval, then you are lucky because you can wear most hairstyles.
- If your face is long, then chin-length or bobs can feature your face and even give the illusion of adding more width to your face
- If your face is round, then a longer hairstyle is more flattering.
- If your face is square, then try adding some layers that frame your face and add more volume to your hair.
- If you are going to a hair salon, then I would do some research beforehand and look for a picture with the hairstyle that you want to get. Make sure you know exactly what you want and don’t be afraid to speak out. In the end, you are the one wearing the haircut so you should be able to like it.
- Your expectation should be realistic. Once you finish getting your hairstyle then ask your stylist for tips on how to blow dry your hair yourself as well as what types of products to use to maintain the shape. Schedule your next appointment so that you can maintain the shape.
Make sure you do some research before you go to the hair salon. It will all pay off in the end.
No related posts.