In an interview, there is so much to get prepared for but I have seen many mistakes lately that many women fail to look at and that is their makeup. How to do eye makeup for interview? I have been to several interviews where the candidate forgets to put any kind of makeup and then you have those who actually puts too much makeup on. Should I be conservative or should I put enough makeup on that it makes me stand out from the group? Should I just put foundation, mascara or both? These were the regular questions that I was getting so I decided to answer them and write about this topic.
With any makeup that you put on for the interview, the most important tip to remember is to look natural. And by doing that, you have to stay within neutral colors. That means no blue, purple or anything bright. It really depends on your eye color as well so that your eyes can pop out more with certain colors. Here are a few tips to remember when choosing your color to wear:
- Brown eyes: Bronze, Gold, Green (very subtle)
- Blue eyes: Copper, bronze
- Green eyes: pink, bronze, gold
- Hazel eyes: you can choose between green and brown.
As you can see, bronze and gold are my two favorite colors to wear because it just looks very nice during the daytime and not too overwhelming. If you just dab a little bit, it can go a long way.
What kind of makeup not to wear to your interview
- Any kind of glitter. Sometimes some eye shadows comes with glitter and it’s forgotten. But this is a big no-no in my book.
- False eyelashes. It just looks to fake for me to wear because you want the person to see you as a serious candidate.
- Red lipstick is a no for me only because my fear is having lipstick on my teeth. Also, if applied wrong can look messy around the lips: you don’t want to look like The Joker from Batman, lol.
My two favorite must-have items are the long lasting lipsticks and waterproof mascara. With the long lasting lipstick, you know that the interview can last hours so you don’t have to worry about your lipstick fading away. With the mascara, I find that waterproof mascara lasts longer too.
At the end of the day, if your makeup looks great and you feel confident then you can rest assured that they will notice you. It’s presenting an entire package for them from your clothes, makeup, to a great resume. Just walk-in to the interview like it’s yours, and the rest is history.
What are your favorite makeup tips?