Dry skin can be so uncomfortable during the brutal winter. During the winter, my skin gets so dry that it bleeds even if I moisturize. I had to really learn how to prevent my skin from bleeding and keep my skin looking smooth. How do you get to keep your skin hydrated during this cold winter? It is really important to defend yourself against the odds so you can maintain smooth skin all season. The trick to have smooth looking skin is to show some love and care to your internal and external body.
Here are some quick tips:
1. Eat healthy. It is that simple but that difficult as well. Basically, you are what you eat. Adding foods that have Omega’s 3 to your eating habits will help you look rejuvenated. What kinds of food have Omega’s 3? Salmon, walnuts, olive oil, soybean are just a few of many foods that have Omega 3. It is so easy to bing out because you are covered up with a coat.
2. Avoid hot showers. I have found personally that when you take hot shower it really dries your skin. Try to take colder showers so your skin does not dry out further during the winter. It can be difficult to take cold showers when it’s cold outside but definitely make an effort. Please make sure to moisturize your skin as soon as you are done with your shower.
3. Apply oils after you shower. I prefer to use oils right before going to bed because it makes my skin feel refreshed and smooth. It does not settle in like lotion but if you use it overnight, then it won’t bother you as opposed if you applied it during the day. Lavender or chamomile essential oil works great and it actually helps you get a good night’s rest and lubricate your skin at the same time.
4. Don’t forget to use facial moisturizer. It can be any of your liking for your face but it is really important that you do not forget. Keeping your face moisturized by applying lotion twice a day. Once in the morning and at night.
5. Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated as well. When you walk around in the city when it’s cold, you prefer holding a cup of coffee than a bottle of water. But, it’s super important to keep drinking that water to get your body ready for summer and bikini season.
There are so many more tricks to do so I would love to hear what is your regimen during this season.