I was very excited to receive a special invite from Allure Magazine to attend #MNYMasterclass Event at the Conde Nast Building in NYC. It was such a privilege for me to get all the sneak peeks of what will be trending this Spring 2014. Are you ready for your class in session? Here are the best tips that I learned from one of the best makeup artist Gabe Almodovor.
1. White Eyeshadows will be one of the hottest looks to watch for Spring 2014. Maybelline had the color pearl to go along with the white eyeshadow and the color looks great for daytime or night time.
2. Orange lipsticks are definitely a big trend for this spring. Make sure to pick up a lipstick and a gloss at your nearest drugstore to find Maybelline’s beautiful colors. In my opinion, I have seen many orange lipsticks but Maybelline’s color is perfect on my lips. The color hue is not too dark or too light. The color that I am using is called: Lipstick Electric Orange. (Here is my attempt of trying to capture this beautiful color but the photo does no justice).
3. Metallics are also another trend for this season. Gold, silver or copper are the best metallics to choose from and Maybelline has a great selection. The best Maybelline product is the 24hr Color Tattoo Metal 24hr. My favorite colors are Silver strike and Gold Rush. It’s a great base to start your eyeshadow palette and makes your eyeshadow last longer. With a little bit of loose eyeshadow on top, you will make your eyes look brighter.
4. Art blocking your eyeshadow. It’s like wearing picasso on your eyes. It may look odd on the pictures but it’s supposed to symbolize graffiti and bringing art to your makeup.
5. Bedazzled makeup. This is the new trend that everyone is talking about for Spring because it’s so unusual and different. It’s almost like someone was playing with their bedazzler and came up with this idea. In my opinion, this could be something done for Halloween and not something to walk around in public. But, if you have the courage to wear this look, then make it your own.
Now that you are ready for Spring, which one is your favorite trend? Remember to pick up that orange lipstick from Maybelline. Rock your look!
Disclaimer: I received products to be able to write an honest review about the products.