If you think you missed fashion week for 2013, then the answer is no! At least not yet, they are still a few days in and there is much more to see. The trend that many designers chose to go with were black and white; and the lines and designs were kept very simple. Everyone has their favorite designers but there are a few designers that I will always love and be faithful to. At the same time, you have new designers that are innovative and create something new and beautiful. I decided to share some of the things that I think could be considered a hit or miss.
Runway look: Hit or miss?
- Short pleated kilt: Is this a piece that you will be wearing for spring? This reminds me of my favorite movie “Clueless” and it was so big in the 90s that I had to get a few pieces myself when I was younger. What do you think? Do you think there is an appropriate age to rock a kilt? I don’t consider myself to be old because I will always be young at heart but I also know that there is a time for everything; and a kilt is not something that I think is appropriate for me to wear at my age. It’s supposed to be a super cute and sexy outfit but it’s too young of an outfit for older ladies. Now, this is my opinion, if you think you can rock out a kilt, and then by all means don’t let me stop you. On the other hand, you can wear pleated skirts in all sorts of different ways and look fabulous.
- My suggestion: If you still want to be wearing something similar is to opt out with a pleated skirt. It’s a great look to wear from the office to an event.
- Logos: Do you prefer to wear clothing that has the brand name on the clothes directly? Alexander Wang is actually putting his name on a lot of his items. He did an amazing job on embedding it into the clothes. At the same time, I felt that the shirt lost its flattery because of all the logos on the shirt. Would you wear a shirt that may not flatter your body because it has a logo on the shirt?
- My suggestion: If you want to wear a shirt that has a logo, then just make sure that it still flatters your body.
- Would you mix orange and green? I saw some outfits with these two colors mixed together. Is it something that will trend for this spring or do you think it’s a pass? For one, I think that if you can mix them correctly then it should not be a problem.
- My suggestion: You can wear them in a minimal way like an orange lipstick with a green shirt or pants; that way the colors don’t clash as much.
Fashion week sets the mark for what is to come. Are you excited about what is to come? Go ahead and set your own trend. I would love to hear what you would wear and not wear.
No related posts.