It’s only October but rest assured that we will be hearing holiday music soon. The endless streams of cocktail parties, neighborhood gatherings, PTA meetings and festive dinners will fill up your calendar by the end of November. This is the month where I like to plan on what I am going to invest in for holiday wardrobe pieces, home, and gifts for the family. It is considered the most stressful time of the year but if you plan it correctly then you will be looking forward to the holidays.
So, what to wear for the Holidays 2012? Remember that the holidays are about having fun. Try new prints and textures and don’t stick to red all the time. You could use gold tones and even green to change up your wardrobe.
Here is a list of wardrobe essentials for the holidays:
- Accessorize: layering accessories work well and create your own twist, a new hat, bangles, or even fake eyelashes. Don’t forget to accessorize your hair. A big bow clip, flirty headbands or just using a pearl necklace as a headband can completely change an outfit.
- Scarves: a variety of printed, colored or textured scarves is what makes the holidays so special and different from the rest of the seasons. Choose a scarf that has a leopard prints, metallics, great textture or bright colors to give some style and pop to your wardrobe. Make sure to invest on a few good pieces as you will be wearing them practically almost every day.
- Cashmere: this is a must-have for every holiday season or just to have in your wardrobe. It is a travesty when I see a girl wearing those horrible Christmas sweaters that are just meant to be worn at home. This is why a cashmere sweater can be comfortable but elegant at the same time. When you choose a cashmere, make sure of the following:
- The fibers are fine and not coarse
- Make sure you read the label and that the blend is 100 percent.
- The best sweater is completely hand-knitted.
4. Dresses: It is crucial to have at least two dresses picked out for the holidays. There could be a last minute cocktail party that you were invited to or a family reunion that you were not expecting. When choosing a dress, make sure you address your body issues. Look at your body type whether it’s a pear shaped, short-waisted or short.
5. Clutch bag is a must-have for the holidays. It is not just for a night out anymore; it is a great piece to add to any outfit from a blind date or as an everyday tote.
Every piece can add up to a look that can be a little bit of sugar and a little bit of spice for the Holidays.
No related posts.